Wednesday, July 20, 2011

To push when you write

How often do we challenge our thoughts? How often do we push our boundaries of creativity? Do we ever let our creative juices flow?

These questions seem like pittance when you’re not into the field of media. But if you’re aspiring to make a career in mass media (in all its forms), effective writing must lie at the very core of your talents. It serves as the nucleus for your future.

When I started out with leisure writing, I had limited versatility. But after a year of studying media, its fundamentals and writing skills, my mind has opened up to a lot of other styles and forms of writing.

Writing one piece of literature in different styles gives a different feel to the story. Every genre of literature has a different element which adds its own special uniqueness to a given story.

One of my missions now is to push my creative boundaries and try new styles of literature.

Though studying literature or writing a novel seem to be far off goals for me at the moment, I have realized the power of words, the impact it makes on your soul and the impression it leaves in your mind.

Another revelation that BMM has made is quite contrary to the popular belief that flowery language is the only tool of popular writing. To my surprise, lectures in creativity have established how words of everyday use, when placed together wisely, make a statement that creates an everlasting memory.

A simple example of the same is from the renowned novel Love Story by Erich Segal. What makes people remember the novel is a simple quote which reads like this, “Love means never having to say you’re sorry.”

Bearing in mind the teachings of creative writing, I ventured to attempt brevity. A topic like this can be discussed much at length. But I hope and pray that my select words have told a tale that will leave some impression on your minds.

I hope and pray that my attempt at brevity is not a futile one. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment